View Single Post
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 17:59   #8
IainG
Premier Member

Default Sorted, I hope!!

After cleaning the CEM the fault was still present and there for most of the time.
Took some more fault codes and particulate filter started showing.
Set up some graphs and went for a drive. The DPF sensor was reading and following the revs, but appeared very low.
Was thinking of a new sensor but decided to put the car on the ramps and check the hoses. One came off in my hand!!!
There was still a pressure reading, although the hose was broken it was still inside the protective sleeve which allowed a small amount of the pressure to be read.
Bought some new hose and clips and stopped at a local garage, his mechanic was away but he allowed me to use the ramp and fit the new hose, he helped holding the torch and providing the tools. Happy with £15. Saved me crawling on the wet ground with the car on ramps.
All now appears to be working now, so will either do a forced regent tomorrow or take it for a run.
Will have to change the hose later as it is not rated for a high enough temperature.. it will get me home and last a while as well.
I suppose the car can't give a code for a split pipe so it tries to match a code to the symptoms. The DPF pressure was there but reading very low so probably sent me in the direction of power supplies. As the pipe leaked a bit more it started giving a DPF sensor fault.
I suppose as the readings were low it probably hasn't done a regen in a while so will probably get it to do a forced regen tomorrow.
Just need to source some correct pipe in the next couple of months.

Iain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3250.jpg (245.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3260.JPG (304.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3259.jpg (247.6 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by IainG; Nov 1st, 2021 at 18:02.
IainG is online now   Reply With Quote