View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 19:45   #1
IainG
Premier Member

Default Random loss of power

V50 2.0D
I have had a few issues lately.
A couple of weeks ago I lost tutbo boost and found one of the vacuum lines had a split. New bit of pipe and has been working fine since.
Yesterday loss of power again so checked with a vacuum guage and all is well with a vacuum up to the TCV and also to the turbo.
Took it out for a drive last night and all appeared well.
Had wondered about DPF, so I did take it for a run just to make sure, but there were no DPF related fault codes even when the fault was still there.
Set off this morning to drive from Plymouth to the midlands at 0430 !! No boost again, drove for 20 miles, switched off the engine and restarted. All back to normal, full power( I was starting to think of fuel filter but this proved it was OK).

All fine for 2 hours. Stopped at the services and when I restarted loss of power again and cruise control switched itself off as well. Stopped a couple more times and restarted but the lack of power remained although the cruise control was back and working. Carried on and finished the journey. Car will still do 70 but lacks power for overtaking and hills. Seems normal below 2000 rpm, 2k to 3K lack of power and max revs about 3K. Still had 60 mpg for the journey
Once up here I drove into town and all was working again. Parked up and set off again and a loss of power, so very intermittent.
Plugged in and checked for codes this evening and brought up "CEM check fuses"
No other checks I could find.

Will have a look tomorrow but I seems like in intermittent circuit.
I will check all the fuses and also all the connectors on the CEM tomorrow..
However if anyone has any further thoughts, advice or pointers on areas to check I would be very grateful.
Screenshot attached.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3222.jpg (297.2 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by IainG; Oct 27th, 2021 at 20:04.
IainG is online now   Reply With Quote