Thread: XC90 New Order
View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2021, 21:31   #42
S60Chris
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
In terms of work, yes. So full wheels off wash, prep and paint correction. Then ceramic protection of exterior, wheels (faces and barrels), external glass and interior. Ceramic coat is guaranteed for 3 years or can upgrade to a 5 year protection product for an extra £100.
Ah OK - so the difference is probably the product then?

I know that the newest GTechnic ceramics come with a 9 year guarantee and you have to be accredited by the manufacturer to apply it, as you can seriously damage a car if you apply it incorrectly. The cheaper ceramic products within the same range don't require this as you can rectify mistakes a little easier as they aren't as hard or durable (hence shorter 3/5 year warranty)

Maybe that goes some way to the price difference. Did either quote include a hydrophobic top coat over the ceramic?

Either way, your car will look great whatever ceramic is used. Share some photos when it's done and it's a good decision protect the paintwork!