View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2023, 11:38   #56
DLEE3546

Default V60 12v charging problem

Unfortunately the 12v charging fault on my V60 B4 is still not fixed and the car is back with the main dealer for the third time - currently day 4 of this round of investigation.

The Volvo dealer's conclusion from the previous round of investigation is that the electrics of the after market towbar were causing the issue, and they were able to clear the error codes by disconnecting the electrics. This did seem odd given the tow bar was installed in January and there had been no issues prior to August. The tow bar installer checked their installation and replaced the trailer module, but found no issue. They suggested running the car for a couple of weeks with the module disconnected to see if the fault re-occured as they still felt it was a fault with the car itself. All seemed fine until the two weeks was up, then the error occurred again, just as I was about to go back to escalate with the tow bar installer.

The dealer has been progressing the issue with Volvo support and do seem to be making some progress. They have installed another software update and are running some further tests, so fingers crossed this will be fully resolved shortly.

With hindsight I wish I had gone for the official Volvo tow bar. Even if the aftermarket tow bar is not to blame in any way, it would have been a lot less hassle without this 3rd party component.
DLEE3546 is offline   Reply With Quote