View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 10:44   #22
smiler289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The previous owner should have fitted the lock stop kit available from volvo as decribed above when he fitted the 18" wheels. It seems he neglected to . It isnt a design fault if the volvo recommended parts are not fitted . Your car will have had the metal arch liner plates from new , have they been removed?
I think you need to make sure the plates are there , if not fit them , them get the volvo 18" wheel lock stop kit fitted .
Thanks for your reply! It didnt look like the plates were their to be honest, just looked like the plastic inner wheel arch. I might have another look and get the lock stop kit. Is it easy to fit the lock stop kit or would be wiser to get volvo or another garage to do it?
Am getting some new tyres soon as the ones I have are rubbish, Achilles make, worst tyre I have ever had so am not that bothered about them being rubbed. Am thinking of getting some Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, have had alot of Vredestein in the past on my old volvo and found them to be very good, they are also cheaper than the Goodyear Eagles and Michelin Pilot Sports I was looking at lol.

Thanks again!

James
smiler289 is offline   Reply With Quote