View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 02:19   #199
Two340'sman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Unburned fuel is clean so will keep the oil clean but make it thinner - it's more of a precaution than anything but worth taking IMHO. Better to poteantially "waste" an oil/filter change than waste the engine which from everything you've said about it, seems to be a good one.

My nearest Aldi is ~7miles but i rarely if ever go there. Nearset Lidl is ~12-14 miles but again, rarely go there.

Why not keep your 1.7GLE and sell your fiend the one you're using that uses less oil than his?

I'm on Bionic Beaver, am i right in thinking Mint is the "light" version?
My GLE 1.7 will need a fair amount of work, plus costs more to tax than the 1.4.

My friend's 1.4 bodywork is in very good condition, and it only uses a small amount of oil, I suppose that it's possible the bores are not even fully run in.

There are three versions of Mint, Cinnamon, Mate and Xfce, none are heavyweight, but the lightest is Xfce, then Mate. I tend to use the Mate version. Ripped a couple of DVD's today using Linux.

After Lidl and Aldi, I find other shops a rip off. I have no complaints with Aldi / Lidl quality.

Last edited by Two340'sman; Jul 16th, 2021 at 02:21.
Two340'sman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Two340'sman For This Useful Post: