Thread: Engine: T5/R - Lack of Turbo 'urge' - possibly?
View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 22:46   #8
andrewc1267
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but an ME7 T5 70 (S/V/C) series is never going to give you a proper old school 'turbo shove' as the ECU map is too progressive, coupled with the electronic throttle body & an auto box will only ever deliver smooth power. Plenty of it. But smoothly.

If you want the : '..foot down. 1k RPM..wait for it 2K RPM...wait for it ...3K RPM....whoooosh...arrf.torque steer/wheel spin/massive grin.....4k RPM pulling, 5k Pulling....6K pulling,world going blurry.....dip clutch, change up..and repeat (on a private road obviously)...buy an 850 T5 manual.

However as others have mentioned, change all the vacuum lines, the boost control solenoid & the rest of a stage zero, most of which you've already done by the sounds of it, and that will ensure you have as close to 240 hp as possible!
So which engine is stronger I have also noticed that me7 t5 are lazy and generally feel under powered especially in a v70 due to the weight I nearly sold my v70R the week I got it because I was so disappointed with the performance I've had turbo cars before with a smaller engine but the power was so much more usable I noticed that the boost on the volvo was low about 11 psi in first and second gear
andrewc1267 is offline   Reply With Quote