View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2020, 23:14   #27
AlexV70Drive1

My 61 plate is affected and the Watford Volvo told me over the phone that they won’t be rolling out the fix until December, the lady on the phone told me that the parts are being made now and out of about 169,000 cars they’ve only found 1 affected.

It’s fraying in the metal that connects the buckle to the anchor point and happens from the buckle moving around causing stress to the metal cable so I’m guessing it might have something to do with where the seats are adjusted differently for different positions and taller/shorter people and allows the buckle to show more in certain seat positions but I can’t be sure of that as I haven’t actually looked at mine to see if that might affect it. That makes some sense to me if not anyone else 😂

She said it’s nothing to worry about and they will be in contact via a letter with more details. All I know for sure is sometimes drivers side unbuckles itself and has to be pushed back in but this only seems to happen when I first put it on and not when I’m driving. I have given it a good tug to be relatively sure it won’t pop out in a crash but I’m not giving it crash forces so who knows. It does seem ok once’s it’s fully in though. Hopefully the whole buckle is changed under the recall

Last edited by AlexV70Drive1; Jul 31st, 2020 at 23:17.
AlexV70Drive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexV70Drive1 For This Useful Post: