View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2021, 13:19   #3
Zander99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
Have heard low battery can cause gremlins, what is the state of the battery now you've jump started it

Did it go flat because its old and near end of life.

Is there any option of swapping in a known good battery and seeing if that makes any difference

Can you try taking it out and properly charging it while leaving car without battery for a while. You might find on reconnecting it the faults go away

I messed around with mine one time and ended up with a Christmas tree dash, throttle errors, abs, srs, all sorts.. Disconnect 1hr, reconnect, back to normal

If nothing else it doesn't cost you anything to try it. Key in pos2 for reconnect to allegedly stop airbags blowing or causing other issues

AUM is audio module, if you've upgraded to a better head unit you'll probably have to just live with knowing that fault exists, me too

Also generally best to say what the car is, model, age, etc
Thanks for your time. Its a 2006 S60 SE in Auto.

Radio was on too long, battery went flat. Now the internal electrics still ran, but when I tried to crank it, the electrics died momentarily because of how flat it was.

Now the battery is old (2015!!) but after jumping it and driving home, it was fully charged. I even tried a battery charger and it said I was at 90% and so would only trickle charge to top it off. This happened last month and to this day the battery is still fine, fully charged.

I tried last night to disconnect the battery, hold the leads together for 30 sec to reset it on advice from some Volvo techs, but no dice. Tonight, I will try to leave it disconnected for 12/24 hours.

I did find on this forum that you can take out the airbag computer, send it to a company to clear the code, and then fit it again, so I might just do that, as apparently its now permanent and can't be cleared without taking it out and reading directly from the chip. Its roughly £60 and that's not too bad for the peace of mind knowing the airbags will work again

Very surprised to see how much is computerised on this car!
Zander99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zander99 For This Useful Post: