View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 22:18   #1
Graham63
Graham63

Default '07 S80 V8 AWD Low Miles

Sad news ... Apparently I have one Volvo too many. So, my much loved and fairly rare S80 V8, in the striking titanium grey metallic colour, needs a new home. Very presentable for a 15 year old car, super low mileage (59k) and very well maintained - just a couple of independent services by the previous owner, otherwise it’s been main dealers. The windscreen was leaking when I bought the car (a nice winter surprise) and that was sorted PDQ and for free by my local Volvo main dealer - thankfully no damage was caused by water ingress. I’ve had the car for 18 months, putting on 8k miles, and it's had 2 main dealer services during that time. Last October I fitted all new tyres on new r-design 18” wheels (correct size and offset), which I think really suit the car, and it had rear brakes disks and pads at the last service in March. Two new parking sensors fitted a couple of weeks ago, along with a new set of number plates, as the MOT tester didn’t like the old ones (that were delaminating). The MOT (Dec 21) also noted (as an advisory) corrosion on the rear coil springs, but the main dealer that had the MOT done for me (and who had the ideal opportunity to sell me new springs) said the springs were fine as it’s just surface corrosion. ??? I've just had the aircon properly replenished (I.e. evacuated and refilled with correct refrigerant) - no signs of any leakage and it blows ice cold if you want it, so all good there. Everything works as it should, and the V8 rumble always brings a smile, enabling smooth and swift progress when required. MPG on average gives about 22-23, but on a longer run, mixing A road and Motorway I’ve had more than 28 mpg, which gave me 400 miles on a tank :-). There are some minor blemishes on the 15 year old paintwork, but no dings or creases.
Yes, the tax is a bit steep, but insurance is cheap (for me) and I don't do enough miles to worry about the fuel bill (even now). I’ll probably regret selling the car, but it’s just sitting there on the drive. Serious enquiries only, please. Come and have a look and make me a sensible offer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (227.2 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (390.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 05.jpg (296.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (389.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 09.jpg (164.8 KB, 102 views)
Graham63 is offline   Reply With Quote