View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2020, 14:21   #9
Chris152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
The timing mark on the cam sprocket is at TBC, so if that lines up the rest should as well. Check the crank position anyway, just in case the last chap got it wrong.The auxiliary shaft mark (on a B21a) is hard to see, mark it before removing the old belt.

By seals you mean the cam and auxiliary shafts? If you like, change them, they are not expensive. If they aren't leaking I wouldn't worry too much though - if you do change them remember to crack the two sprocket bolts before you take the old belt off - otherwise you may not be able to get enough purchase (personally I wouldn't bother changing them unless they are leaking - you might create a leak that wasn't there previously :-)

Good fortune,

Alan
Thanks Alan - TBC is a typo, meaning TDC, right?! Newbs here, I actually went looking! It's odd the manual says about needing to check alignment of the number one spark plug terminal on the distributor housing - maybe that's just in case marks on the sprockets or belt housing are missing? And we'll avoid the seals if they look ok, every chance we'll make things worse. :-)
Chris152 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris152 For This Useful Post: