View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 21:59   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRN01 View Post
I find it interesting that during 2021 Uk dealers had various specs removed from the options list but in the MY23 reshuffle they have built in all of the electronic safety options on everything except the basic model.
Now I understand that MY23 has a 8-9 month lead time but the range assumes that suppliers will meet their build demands once more with chips!
The blind spot mirror system and other safety systems were not available due to chip shortage but I don’t understand Volvo cancelling some customer orders placed late September or October 2021 that didn’t need those options!
Rubbing buyers up the wrong way after they’ve waited 3 or 4 months already seems like a stupid move.
I’ve noticed you can have one current model new in 4 weeks on the rental scheme.
So if you can produce the MY22 model in 4 weeks to rent why can’t you meet sales orders?
I ordered a T5 inscription pro in September and a recent phone call to my dealer revealed that my end of March delivery is now first week of April but not cancelled (yet).
Moving forward I agree that the way they’ve done the new line up is better for them and us really. Less confusing when ordering as colour, seat material or towbar is the only factors you can change.
If they have started building the face-lift models they should of offered waiting customers the first ones available as close to their price range as possible without cancelling their orders.
It's not the dealers fault Its the factory making adjustments to specifications to ensure they can keep the production line going full time . A year or two ago they couldn't due to these parts shortages so had to stop it for 2 weeks .
Volvo UK have a certain fixed yearly allocation from Sweden which has to be shared among the dealers , neither can get enough to supply demand .The UK Dealers are taking all the cars they can of what ever specification they can but there is a limited supply . Volvo have record sales on an ever increasing scale for the last 6 or 7 years , despite at least two new factories being built in China and the USA . Most of the cars are built to the owner's request when possible but unfortunately it cant always be fulfilled due to these electronic shortages . you may order your car specification in January for delivery in say August but things can change sometime down the line when the car is actually built say in June . .