View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 21:32   #10
eeedelli

Thanks for that. Yes, I agree about the direction of rotation. Mind you, I've already found that space is very limited and I can only really get the locking grips to fit in one orientation as the closure of the handle fouls the backplate on the wheel. I tried rotating 60 degrees to get on the next flat but then it fouls the wheelarch. I'll have another look when I get to it, assuming the weather holds.

I'm not sure what I've got in the garage re:ATF. Does the brand really make that much difference? Surely they should all be to the same spec as ATF anyway shouldn't they? If I have to order in a specific one then that's going to delay the job yet again.

I suspect that the main problem, however, is that the female metal end of the hose points downwards, with the pipe nut going up into it and the interface of the two is difficult to reach because of the spring clip and bracket completely blocking access. How on earth do you manage to run the dismantling fluid upwards into there (short of turning the car on its roof! ) I know it's supposed to 'creep' (up to a point) but that seems a bit ... er... 'optimistic' in this case. I thought that about the PlusGas but at least I was able to spray that in vaguely the right direction.
440 Xi '93 (barely run-in!)
eeedelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eeedelli For This Useful Post: