Thread: V40: - "12 months m.o.t."
View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 14:38   #1
neanderthal
Master Member

Default "12 months m.o.t."

Had to spend more money than normal on the m.o.t. this year,due to the fact that i put 9x3x2 paving slabs in the car and broke some springs...mmmmm.......mot failure was 3 springs....2 shock absorbers(not a failure but changed them anyway)....1 front track rod end(changed both).....but one was stuck solid so had to get garage to put a new passenger steering rack bar on)......rear brake pads.....drivers seat belt(used a passenger one,thanks gatos)......i followed phil_r guide,and as warned by his guide the 4 bolts that i removed from the rear legs to get the springs off where a nightmare to remove.....i would suggest using a garage if you plan on changing the rear springs on a v40 phase 2.....and then "blow me" the day after the m.o.t the reverse lights stopped working.... checked the fuse,the bulbs.they were fine.so ordered a new switch... Went to undo the 3 gearbox mount bolts where the reverse switch is hidden under the cover,only to find that 2 were missing and one was loose got 3 more bolts from my local volvo(second hand spare ones)...and put them on....then found out, that by wiggling the wiring at the back of the switch the reverse lights worked....so that was a good thing that the switch stopped working.....i am still over the moon though that we now have 12 months m.o.t. can i just say thank you to baldmosher for the offer of the springs.all sorted now....

Last edited by neanderthal; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 14:56.
neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to neanderthal For This Useful Post: