Thread: Prices rising
View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2021, 00:53   #19
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman940 View Post
i beat a Mk5 golf GTI easily off the lights the other day and believe me , he was trying!! It was clear when he gave me thumbs up at the next roundabout he was not expecting that turn of speed from the brick! tbh i was kind of shocked expecting him to be right on my tail! Its much more satisfying beating someone in an old 940 than a Skyline! can't wait til it has another 100bhp plus ....
It's always funny leaving something German struggling to keep up in the dust and exhaust fumes and the howl of a 90 degree V6 on full song!

As for finding an affordable S15, good luck with that as the values are going up on almost everything pre-2000, especially RWD cars as if someone has just flicked a light switch and shown people that post-2000 cars have in-built obsolescence and will break down sooner or later and not in a small way either! Those "sealed for life" engines and gearboxes were designed to virtually eliminate servicing meaning they have a finite lifespan, once it's gone, it's gone!
The pre-2000 cars generally are able to be serviced and kept going.

Some of the old beasts i've had like a 1972 Zephyr 6 Mk4 would be worth a small fortune today, the 144 auto, the C210 Skylines, SD1 V8s and so on. It's a pain to be wise after the event but that's what we've both got here!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote