Thread: Prices rising
View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:59   #13
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_the_glt View Post
Perhaps (a heck of) a lot of miles run in reverse gear to wind back the odometer? Or a dyslexic MoT tester (based on the fact that the registration letters were transposed on the MoT certificate that came with my GLT)?

Or just plain dishonesty/stupidity/deceitfulness?
It's an electronic speedo soreversing would only increase the mileage. Could be a dyslexic MoT tester that couldn't read the first digit for whatever reason and assumed the last digit was tenths of a mile or perhaps a faulty speedo and a lower mileage unit was substituted. I once wiped about 150k miles off the mileage of one of my 740s by doing that but i didn't keep it a secret.

Could be a simple mistake on the part of the tester, i knew of a car once, MoT'd on 1st July and the tester wrote 31st June on the certificate. Cost the owner a court visit and an investigation into the tester i believe. The irony was the owner was acquitted of having a bent MoT but done for the defects he was pulled for and got 3 points on his (already loaded) licence which magically turned him into a pedestrian for 6 months!
That wasn't a lucky car for him, he'd been done for speeding in it while it was sat with no gearbox in it!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote