Thread: CAT removal
View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 14:25   #17
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
has he tried heating up the plug red hot that usually allows it to be undone ...

The Lambda connector is a single wire plug/socket and a conventional 2 pin volvo plug and socket on the bulkhead by the brake servo , black wires ..

Thank you Clan.

Overall, he's concerned the plug might break. I'm inclined to continue the PlusGas. And if that doesn't work, think again. If the blanking plug is heated and force applied, have you known the blanking plug to break? It wouldn't cost much to just weld on a new boss for a sensor. Not a nice solution ..

I'll look for those connectors thank you.

I hae the car back from the mechanic. The car runs very reasonably. But as I expected the Lambda light comes on now. If it were left without a sensor, would it just run at a little less efficiency, or ???

My inner, outer and full self are aiming at fitting a sensor ... the mechanic is a very good chap in my opinion and useful for my situation and I want to respectfully keep him on side ... he's the chap doing the job ...

Stephen

—Bertrand Russell
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote