View Single Post
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 09:57   #18
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
I think you misunderstand!

I agree with the two quotes above

I think even if you are only hlaf interested in the car the 300 mile trip is worth meeting the personality!

#####

I'm firmly of the opinion that buying a car from a dealer is always the worst scenario - 9 times out of 10 they do not know the car. When buying a car from a dealer or a flipper you always miss out on the connection with the owner.

When viewing cars being sold by owners you can tell a lot from the owner - if the owner is a bell end for example you can safely walk away from the car in the knowledge it will only bring you trouble! Unfortunately the behaviour of the dealer bears little resemblence to the condition of the car. The dealer's behaviour is only really relevant if you want some sort of waranty...

...the condition of the car looks pretty nice in pictures. BUT as said above you really need to be there in person to see it for yourself.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is already sold.
You know, 'Army', I was thinking much the same thing. I've a feeling in my water that 'Arfur' might have seriously under-estimated, under-valued and under-sold that motor-car! If it is as nice as it looks, someone may already have bagged a bargain.

Besides, we should all encourage Alan, if only for the thread that he would inevitably write on it. After reading his story of the Royal Barge, I can't wait to see that one! Come on, Alan, you know you want to! I bet you've even thought of a name for it?!

Regards, John.