Thread: PV: - Volvo PV544
View Single Post
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 09:21   #17
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I agree chaps - I was not convinced by the dealer and so have decided it is not worth the 300 mile round trip to view the car.

Alan
I think you misunderstand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon roberts View Post
Forget the dealers sales pitch,the car speaks for itself in my opinion.....I would defo view it+ combine it with a trip around HMS Victory....🤓😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
I'm inclined to agree with Simon, Alan. The fact that the dealer seems not to know a great deal about the car does not necessarily mean that it is a wrong'un.

My initial comment was intended less as a reflection of the car and more on the apparent lack of professionalism on the part of the dealer - my apologies for any confusion caused and if I'm misjudging him!

If you really fancy the car, you owe it to yourself to either inspect it personally or have someone do so on your behalf. They don't come along that often, and it could equally well be a good'un!

Regards, John.
I agree with the two quotes above

I think even if you are only hlaf interested in the car the 300 mile trip is worth meeting the personality!

#####

I'm firmly of the opinion that buying a car from a dealer is always the worst scenario - 9 times out of 10 they do not know the car. When buying a car from a dealer or a flipper you always miss out on the connection with the owner.

When viewing cars being sold by owners you can tell a lot from the owner - if the owner is a bell end for example you can safely walk away from the car in the knowledge it will only bring you trouble! Unfortunately the behaviour of the dealer bears little resemblence to the condition of the car. The dealer's behaviour is only really relevant if you want some sort of waranty...

...the condition of the car looks pretty nice in pictures. BUT as said above you really need to be there in person to see it for yourself.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is already sold.
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Army For This Useful Post: