View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 11:30   #1
taxi driver

Default A bunch of messages and will not start.

Hi I have a 2007 P3 S80 D5. I've had the car about 3 months. Its had little use probably 2k sine I purchased..
Soon after buying the car I had the 'Alarm requires Service' message displayed. I understand the Alarm Battery problem so left alone. 1 week ago I had the 'Parking Aid requires service' message displayed. 2 days ago we took the car out after standing for a week. No problems other than 1 of the above messages. We drove approx 10 miles then parked up. We sat in the car for 5 minutes then 'Steering lock requires service' message came up. We returned to the car and it started without errors. Car was left standing for 2 days. Went to start this morning in -2 deg. Errors coming up and fails to turn over. To add insult, when I try to eject key another message appears 'Engage P before removing key'. It is in 'P'. I can hear a clicking in gear selector area. Some how I managed to get the key to eject after shifting into drive, then 'P' then taking foot off brake pedal. My thoughts are the battery although I'm not convinced. Its not often used and never failed to start on the button. Thoughts Please.
taxi driver is offline   Reply With Quote