View Single Post
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 23:48   #92
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
So after ordering my new bus at the weekend, I am now terrified at reading this. I am led to believe most of the cars are manufactured in China now and wonder if a lot of delivery issues of late are reflective of the transition?. I have ordered mine on the proviso it is Swedish built.

After seven years of bulletproof V40 D4 ownership, it was a tough call swapping it but work reliance means I need reliability and fear an 80k 7 y/o bus may start to need repairs, despite it being absolutely mint. I love this car and fear the new one living up to this standard.

Now on eggshells till order confirmed, although I have already been warned to expect four months delivery.
SOME of the cars are built in China , the S90 for example all volvo factories work to the same high standards where ever they are in the world . The shortage of cars is due to a shortage of microprocessors due to 2 factories making them burning down for some reason .

China will make you exactly what you ask for.. cheap or quality ... a lot of the beautiful cast alloy suspension components are made in China , the underside of the new volvos are as beautiful as the outside