Thread: Stolen Cat
View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 17:09   #11
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerMagic View Post
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I'll inform the local constabulary later to get a crime number, then see what the insurance say

It is bad luck, I'm generally pretty fortunate however I guess it was only a matter of time given the fair is in town...

It's interesting that I don't need a type approved Cat, that should be cheaper to replace.

I think there is enough of the exhaust left to use a joining piece each end and fit an intermediate pipe ( whether it's a cheap cat, or a small silencer or a straight pipe remains to be seen) using some sort of joining clamp affair.

The MOT isn't due for a while yet so this should give me time to get it properly sorted, I just need to use the Volvo from time to time as it's the 7 seater convenience I use it for.

Thanks again,
Kelv
Ah, the fair is in town, the travellers probably didn’t realise the Volvo CC is only worth about £40. They probably got a tenner for it as scrap.

In my experience insurance is never worth claiming from unless one has a big loss or someone gets hurt. Even if you don’t loose any NCB you will still have made a claim and pay for it over the next few years.

Do you need a CC at all? I don’t know when the legal requirement is enforced from, but depending on the value and provenance of your motor car a straight pipe might be okay?

PS. It looks like only motor cars built before 1993 (K registration) do not necessarily need a CC, so ignore that last paragraph above.

Last edited by Othen; Aug 14th, 2022 at 17:32.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: