View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 08:34   #240
loki_the_glt
Torquemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBike View Post
The fun continues. Quick service yesterday. Noted when working on the suspension bolts that the NSR caliper was missing 1 pin and the retaining spring plate. Sense checked the other side and all OK, confirming ATE caliper, so ordered replacements. Went to fit tonight, and no, it's a Girling caliper on the NSR, vs the ATE on the OSR. Bugger...
Definitely non-standard; I've never seen ATE calipers on a 240 though they were fitted. The build plate should indicate what type of calipers were originally fitted but it's probable that someone has retro-fitted "whatever was lying around inthe shed".

Unlike the early Morris Marina 1.3 I heard about. The car came in for its 500-mile service and the two lads working on it were adjusting the front drum brakes; except the car had a drum on one side and a disc on the other side. Quoth the owner "I wondered why it pulled every time I braked!"

loki_the_glt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loki_the_glt For This Useful Post: