View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 18:07   #12
PNB0807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony209 View Post
Don't be put off trying out a T5 cabriolet, I had a 2.4 and a T5 at the same time - guess which I eventually got rid of! The T5 has loads more power and still keeps pulling long after the LPT 2.4 has run out of boost. I also found that the T5 was slightly better on fuel economy and it was cheaper on insurance.

A T5 coupe would be the ideal find but if you find a good T5 cabriolet and want to keep it, I'd recommend swapping the shocks for Koni active ones. The only other thing I would suggest is that if you are buying an auto, the T5 brakes aren't up to the performance.
Thanks for the reply!

That’s good to know, there is a lovely example of a t5 cab for sale in the north of the country which I may consider now, was just concerned about the handling being affected more than anything. If I go for it will definitely look into the Koni shock kit, is it readily available from Volvo or any other parts distributor? Also what’s the price like on the set? Sorry for all the questions but what tyres do you run? Was thinking Goodyear’s or uniroyal rainsport5’s however if it makes the cornering better will consider the more expensive brands

Cheers
Phil
PNB0807 is offline   Reply With Quote