View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2022, 18:17   #10
Seasider72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdst5 View Post
I had this problem on my V70 and watched the YouTube video posted above as the XC70 and V70 have basically the same interiors. However I knew that Volvo changed the tailgate system part way through the XC70/V70 P3 run.

So instead of buying the parts before starting I took the existing strut off and got the part number off that. I also found that indeed Volvo had changed the design and there is only one strut of a different design from the one in the Video. I then looked up the part number and found that I could get a Stabilus strut from Auodoc for £32.

This turned out to be quite a cheap fix but quite time consuming as I had to take the trim etc. apart twice, once to find the part and number and once to put the new part in once it arrived. It did fix the problem and the noise from the motor also changed as before it sound like it was struggling a bit to open the tailgate which presumably it was.

So I would highly recommend that you look at what mechanism you have by taking it apart and getting the actual part numbers of your one. Time consuming but worth it. I also have no idea how similar the new XC90 tailgate is compared to the P3 V70.
Thank you!
Seasider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Seasider72 For This Useful Post: