View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 21:43   #1
Badger vs Bodgers

Default I've just joined the (operational) 940 owners club!

So after my previous attempt at 940 ownership has resulted in a partially dismantled car all over my workshop, finding something along the lines of 50 crimp connectors in the wiring loom and 5 cut wires that I can't fully identify, I've had to admit defeat as I don't have the time to repair it now.
Instead I've bought another one, which actually works! On Saturday I became the latest proud owner of this beasty - as per the title, a 1996 2.3 litre low pressure turbo Volvo 940 estate.

I drove her back to Bristol from Tamworth and she didn't miss a beat, not brilliant on the old dinosaur juice but I knew that going in.

I've got a few mods that I'll be doing over the following months to get her more to my liking, including (in no particular order):

- Lowering springs to reduce some of the barge-like wallowing and the humungous wheel gap.
- Roof rack (if I can find one).
- Boost controller, AFR and Boost gauge (should be good for 180-200 with just those mods).
- Fix the wrinkled door cards.
- Camber mod.
- Repair broken temperature gauge.
- Stereo upgrade.

In the long term I'm planning to install an aftermarket ECU (possibly Speeduino or Emerald), bigger turbo, 3" exhaust, better clutch, etc., aiming for a reliable 250-300hp. But this is my daily drive, so I'll be doing them carefully!

Without further ado, the pictures: