View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2024, 12:01   #13
SalvadorP
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Its pretty easy, I have already explained the unique differences in my previous message.After working on volvos on a professional basis since the 1970's I have come to realise you wont get better quality ignition parts anywhere . Even "Bosch" leads today are inferior to volvo ones 30 + years old and worse still compared to the blue wire cored leads on a 240 . Volvo ignition systems have always been very high energy output so demand the very best parts available to work reliably in -30C wet environments in Sweden 👍
Thankfully, i'm not in -30c hell, but in temperate iberia.
Anyways, I wasn't saying you are not right. I was being honest when I said I didn't understand why only OEM was acceptable.
Truth is I didn't have the cash to buy OEM. I bought a set on autodoc crap last year. One lead fell apart 6 months later when removing it on the plug side. So I put the old OEM ones in. And now replaced those with Bosch. I have to say those Bosch are definitely better than the white labled ones. But I'm still keeping the original ones with 500k+ km, just in case Bosch craps out.