View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 20:18   #20
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Thank you all for your interest and encouragement. It's a little difficult to give a specific date, but I doubt it will be around for much more than a week, possibly two at the most. The family haver a buyer for the house but apparently there is a delay in exchanging contracts. As soon as that happens, the car will need to be gone. This is a genuine offer and I will relay all enquiries to the family.

To answer a specific question: the car is in good mechanical order as far as I am aware. I do know that it was serviced regularly prior to falling into disuse upon the owner's illness in 2007 - remember this was an elderly lady's car who often drove it quite long distances, including abroad, alone. It had to be both safe and reliable.

I believe that a good service would be all that is required to put it back on the road - it's already had a new battery! As always, I would strongly advise personal inspection if you are seriously interested in the car - the family are happy to facilitate that.

Finally, it is not my intention to run an auction for the car. If you are interested, then please feel free to offer what the car is worth to you. The car will be sold to the highest offer received by the 'drop dead' date, in excess of the breaker's.

I think that answers all the questions that I have been asked, but if there is anything else that you wish to know please contact me again and I will do my best to help you. Thank you all once again for your interest.
john.wigley is online now   Reply With Quote