View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 07:25   #1
Darrenb

Default Advice buying an xc90

Hi brand new here not the greatest techy person actually needed help from the wife to get this far so please make allowances.

I was going to buy an xc 90 paid a deposit from a dealer year model 2008 D5 se auto engine D5244t4 it needed a new heater fan blower motor everything else working well had a lot of volvo main dealer service history lots of maintenance work carried timing belt etc etc rather a nice car and had been looking for a while mileage 129,000.

Dealer had the motor fitted when they reconnected the battery and started the fan it worked but the compressor didnt then smoke and smell of burning now the car has a partial burnt wiring loom no dash lights no satnav and is going in for diagnostics, basically deposit refunded start looking again arrrgh.

Now to my burning question this incident has put me off an xc90 I want the vehicle for size ground clearance I will be off roading in it not mega hard core muddy fields but am now wondering if maybe a vw touareg, landrover discovery 3 or something would be more reliable, are the later xc 90's better or worse budget is about 5k are all xc 90's money pits?

Looking for some advice on what to get currently run a nissan x trail not enough ground clearance off road thanks in advance.
Darrenb is offline   Reply With Quote