View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2022, 11:18   #14
MartyButler

Update:

Fitted the 2nd hand SRS control module and when I had everything back together and started the car I had a new message on the drivers display "Airbag Off Service” and the Passenger Airbag Off light was on in the rear view mirror. I got my scanner (Vida/Dice) and scanned the car. Where I had only one fault with my own airbag module (SRS-E003) I now had 5 faults with the 2nd hand module, which are as follows SRS-0224, SRS-023A, SRS-0211, SRS-0219 and SRS-0239. From talking to the lad I got the 2nd hand reconditioned module from he is saying that it is in perfect working order but that it will have to be coded to the car.
I have since got in contact with a recommended automotive electronic repair & tuning center and he has told me that he does dozens of these modules fairly regularly and it is normally because of low voltage issues.
As my issue isn't related to voltage he is optimistic that we will be able to sort out the module in situ. I have the car booked into him this coming Wednesday.
I will be going to him on Wed with the center console out so that if he does need to take the module out it will be ready for him.

I'll update again when I have more news as I know that there is nothing more annoying than reading a thread about a problem and the thread starter never posts how they sorted it out in the end.
MartyButler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartyButler For This Useful Post: