View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 18:18   #18
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile

Totally get your feelings, and yes the D5 with good maintenance even improves with age!..a dealer technician once told me they were bulletproof.. and not far wrong but plenty of opportunity on the servicing side to mess up 😀

Do they still have the vehicle (hopefully they do), i would suggest getting an independant expert/engineer to visit and assess the car (although this may not be easy as i suspect were you to collect and drive it away there would be a catalogue of upcoming engine distress heading your way). If you need to legally persue the garage an expert report or 2 would certainly be required, i suspect once they realise you are prepared to persue them unless a satisfactory fix is found they may decide the legal cost on top of the claim might be worth doing the right thing.. but it wont be quick to resolve and will probably involve loan vehicles while the situ heads to court so the total bill is likely to be a lot more than the engine cost.. suspect someone on here with a legal background may better able to assist, but have been down this road many years ago..
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thassos For This Useful Post: