View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 16:21   #17
pinballdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmere View Post
So has anyone had any success with DIY fitting the new terminals (asides main dealer) and exactly what is involved to do this?
I've got a water damaged CEM on the bench (to clone into a replacement), so while I was at the breakers yard I snipped off one of the connectors to examine.

It really doesn't look that complicated to remove the terminals and fit new ones. The connector comprises an outer locking shell (the blue bit in this case), the connector housing (the white bit), and the terminals.

To remove the outer shell, you need to cut the cable tie around the wires, and then there's a pair of clips at the end of the shell that hold the connector housing into the shell, and a nice round hole that you can use to push the housing out of the outer shell.

Once the connector housing is out, you just need to push a small screwdriver into the rectangular hole on the side of the housing to release the terminal, and it can be pulled out with it's crimped on wire.

Then it's just a matter of cutting the wire, and soldering the wire from the new terminal to the loom and insulating it.

As always reassembly is the reverse of removal...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CEM_connectors.jpg (285.3 KB, 16 views)
pinballdave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballdave For This Useful Post: