View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2023, 13:23   #18
andythepandy

Haha crikey. Been a while since I've posted on here. Glad to see there was a bit of interest on this project. Quite a bit has happened since I posted this originally!

And yes your assumption was correct. They are a bit of a bugged to setup

I started to do some jobs on the car before lock down. Mostly chasing a few gremlins and getting it to run a bit better but as I had more time during lockdown I thought I would take a few more bits off and before I knew it I found a whole host of ROT everywhere.

Much to my agony I decided to try my best to do it all properly. This involved taking all the underseal off treating the rust and retreating it all. This took a lifetime to sort! And I'm sure there are some bits I missed. There aren't many parts that haven't been taken out stripped back and redone. The two rear arches were completely redone. Parts of sills and soak aways. The petrol tank looked like it had been left under the sea for a few decades. The thing was not in good shape 😂

I also decided to do a load of jobs I've always wanted to do. I upgraded the audio system in the car, fitted alfa seats, rewired and tucked all the wires in the engine bay, repainted the engine bay, fitted a lumpier cam, fitted a through sill side exit exhaust and a load of other things I've forgotten about.

It needs to go back on the rolling road to get the carbs setup again but since all this I've gotten married, moved home twice, started renovating a house and are expect a little one. So at the moment it's near the bottom of the priority list.

HOWEVER! I have been thinking about getting stuck into this old girl again as there isn't a hell of a lot to do. I'm sure I've got some videos of it somewhere so I'll try and find them. Hopefully at some point I can actually stick some photos up of it and post a better update!
andythepandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andythepandy For This Useful Post: