View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 15:38   #15
Kev0607
Premier Member

Have you got it advertised elsewhere?

I wouldn’t be relying just on a forum alone to sell it (if that’s what you’ve done). I’m not interested in buying, but I do read what’s for sale on occasion.

I guess there isn’t much interest (clearly not here anyway). I don’t think the fact that you’ve only owned it less than a month helps & you’ve mentioned its given trouble. People run a mile when they hear that (I would).

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you’re just trying to flog something that has more problems than you’re saying. No offence intended, but once I read “I’ve owned it a month & I haven’t got the time or patience to fix it” means there’s more than meets the eye with this & it could take someone a while to sort (time that you haven’t got). I know you’ve fitted a new clutch, but what other issues are there (if any)? Saying you “need it gone” after you’ve owned it for less than a month just rings alarm bells, or are you a car trader?

So, either people aren’t interested full stop, or they don’t want to buy a lemon and/or haven’t got the time or patience to fix it (like yourself).

Hopefully someone comes along & buys it, especially being open to sensible offers. The pictures look good, but looks are deceiving!

I’d be inclined to advertise it elsewhere, if you haven’t done already. You need to be more upfront about it though because your advert just sounds like this is a lemon with silver paint, but maybe its not? If its not, then say it & make it clear. If it is, then you can’t really blame people for not wanting to buy it when you’re trying to flog it yourself! If there’s issues, you need to be upfront so people know.

Last edited by Kev0607; Nov 15th, 2021 at 16:16.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: