View Single Post
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 13:53   #8
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBus View Post
I am sure, from your description, that your problem is a dirty commutator and/or brush-box on the seat recline motor.

This is the one motor you can do with the seat in-situ, and is not a bad job to do at-all. The motor will have to come out onto the bench, but once you have it loose, I reckon you could fix this in 40minutes.

I'll try and get the next bit uploaded ASAP, but in the meantime, double check whether you are getting a distinct "click" when you try to operate the seat recline button in either direction. If you are, job is in the motor or its wiring from under the seat. If not, then the job is likely to be in the circuit board and wiring header as I described above. Good luck!
Duly noted! Will check what's going on next time we're in Poland. I look forward to your next installment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBus View Post
PS. Your car looks great in the thumbnails, and your seats are certainly in far better condition than mine. I have only had my second V70 (TDI) for 4weeks as a "wrecker", but it has potential - if it behaves itself after its engine rebuild!
Thanks SB! The seats are indeed like new and for a 2.5T it's only run-in at 190k kilometers (118k miles). After driving it from Ireland to Poland I knew I wanted another, for daily use, so when we returned to Ireland I sold our '03 S40 and bought the 2.5D V70 last September. Am I mad? Yes!

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.