View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2022, 18:15   #3
ALBERT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by okasey View Post
Hi , I have a 2003 V70 D5 with mileage of 235,00 , and not surprisingly my local general garage has gone through all the possible options of random stiff steering that I've been having over the last few months , to a faulty steering rack . Apparently there are 7 variations , according to my local Volvo Main Dealer garage , and they've told me that the one I need has been discontinued.!
They did however give me the part no. of the steering rack , based on my Volvo Reg. No., so that I could try and locate one . The cost , when available , was about £1100.
So perhaps you could try ringing a few Volvo Main Dealers to ask them for your actual Steering Rack part no., and then try and locate one.
On searching through E-Bay I did find a supplier , who would recondition your own steering rack -- so there'd be no problem locating a correct one !
Looking at YouTube , it seems fairly horrendous to replace -- and essential to have the use of a car lift, as on the V70 the engine has to be supported and the subframe loosened and partially lowered.

Hope this helps ! ?

Regards , Gerry
What’s the Labour time and price likely to be on top of the expensive part? Presumably this 1100 figure is just for the part?
ALBERT10 is offline   Reply With Quote