View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2022, 21:40   #2
okasey

Default Volvo steering rack

Hi , I have a 2003 V70 D5 with mileage of 235,00 , and not surprisingly my local general garage has gone through all the possible options of random stiff steering that I've been having over the last few months , to a faulty steering rack . Apparently there are 7 variations , according to my local Volvo Main Dealer garage , and they've told me that the one I need has been discontinued.!
They did however give me the part no. of the steering rack , based on my Volvo Reg. No., so that I could try and locate one . The cost , when available , was about £1100.
So perhaps you could try ringing a few Volvo Main Dealers to ask them for your actual Steering Rack part no., and then try and locate one.
On searching through E-Bay I did find a supplier , who would recondition your own steering rack -- so there'd be no problem locating a correct one !
Looking at YouTube , it seems fairly horrendous to replace -- and essential to have the use of a car lift, as on the V70 the engine has to be supported and the subframe loosened and partially lowered.

Hope this helps ! ?

Regards , Gerry
okasey is offline   Reply With Quote