View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2022, 21:15   #78
Pupbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg1970 View Post
I'm speechless tbh, but on we go!

RE PCV: When I replaced the crank sensor on mine a couple of years back, I accidentally broke the lower PCV pipe that runs very close to it coming off the turbo inlet. Rather than be overly concerned and prior to getting a replacement pipe, I just masked it up for a fortnight and it made absolutely NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL to boost/vac (I have a vac/boost gauge too).

My thoughts would now look to the ECU and either it's gone bad (very rare but known) or somebody has put a non-turbo version in. You'll need to cross reference your ECU numbers with known turbo/non turbo variant numbers. Isn't there an ECU list on this forum somewhere??
I am baffled but surely even with an iffy ECU it would offer some boost wouldn’t it?
The guy at the garage said you can squeeze the intercooler pipe and rev the engine and it should swell as it revs but it doesn’t but gives a slight swell if you rev it and snap the throttle shut. So where’s the intake charge going? It can’t be the turbo because it’s been swapped. The pipe work to the turbo has been changed for DO88 stuff. I’m baffled!
Curiously I do have another ECU which is meant to be remapped but I was holding off plugging it in until I got the car running as I want it.
Pupbelly is offline   Reply With Quote