View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 11:21   #5
taiwan740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Once you get a decent quality exhaust strap, look at the alignment of your whole exhaust system, it sounds as if there's a deeper rooted problem here than just a misaligned strap that is breaking frequently.

Also check the other straps and mounting rubbers elsewhere on the system, they may provide a clue as to what's going on.

For the record, i fitted a complete system from ECP to my old 740 including their silncer straps and never had a problem because i made sure everything was lining up as it should before tighteneing the strap bolts and the joins, whether they were "U" clamps or flanges.

They were all done up finger tight cold then i started the engine and let it warm up and once the back end started getting warm, worked my way from back to front tightening the join then the silncer strap on each section.

Had no problems with any of the straps.
Thanks, appreciate it

The strap itself is alright, it's not too bad to fit using a jack, the main problem is the crap welds on the strap to the mounts keep snapping off. Usually one of the rubber mounts bounces out when going over the 30 or 40 speed humps experienced during a typical week, and then the other one just snaps its weld. ECP cheap ****.

I've asked the main dealer to see what they can do

Failing that I'm just gonna take the backbox off. The whole system was replaced 2 years ago under my ownership.

cheers
taiwan740 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taiwan740 For This Useful Post: