View Single Post
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 16:57   #1
steve99uk

Default XC60 stolen from driveway

Hi,

On Sunday morning around 2.00am two 'gentlemen' walked onto my driveway where my 6 week old XC60 Inscription Pro was parked. 40 seconds later I can see it being backed out and then driven away. No glass or anything else could be seen on the driveway and I didn't know it had gone until 9.30am later that morning. This detail comes from my neighbour’s security camera but that's all I can see from the captured video.

I called 101 (Met Police area) - waited for ages so I gave up and reported the theft online. I haven't heard anything from the police as yet.

I have Volvo On Call active - that showed then as it does now 'Car is in use' and cannot be tracked. I called Volvo on Sunday at 10.00am but they could not connect to the car either.

My dealer where I bought the car has not been very helpful either - just said 'very unfortunate that this incident has happened to you and where we can help we will do all we can'.

I know that keyless entry is a risk to cloning but my dismay/annoyance is that the Volvo Tracking system can be blocked/disabled as quickly as the whole crime took less than a minute.

I hope that do I see the car again but realistically it’s probably in a shipping container now.

Steve
steve99uk is offline   Reply With Quote