Old Jan 9th, 2022, 22:04   #16
Nucktheking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSarre View Post
DaveNP

I'll PM you.

Steve
Steve,

I bought a 2008 C70 a couple of months ago, and quickly realised that the dimmed headlamps were totally hopeless. (Of course I tested that they were working when I bought it, but not at night; I mean, who buys a car at night...!?) Anyway, I have today managed to get the headlamps out, and inevitably there was almost no chrome left on the reflectors above the bulb.

So I tried sanding them down, applying a primer and then using chrome spraypaint from Halfords; no joy: very smooth finish, but too matte - not "shiny" enough. Next option: bought shiny silver reflective tape and tried as well as I could to cover the inside of the reflector with it. Not completely smooth, but much shinier. Just went out at night, and although (I think) there is an improvement, it's still pretty marginal.

So my question is: should I fork out for "150%+" Philips/Osram bulbs? Will they make any difference? Or maybe you might be able to supply me a re-metallised version?

I have to say that I'm not sure what all the "checks" you need me to do are: all I can say is that I've managed to get the reflector unit out, separate it from bulbs, play with it and put it and back in again: so presumably if yours are just like mine, they should fit straight in...?

Any advice you (or anyone else!) can give would be really helpful....

Thanks in advance,

N.
Nucktheking is offline   Reply With Quote