Thread: V70: - Headlight Reflectors
View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2022, 11:13   #12
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSarre View Post
https://dual-metallising.co.uk/ looks promising, I will ask them about prices.

A few years ago I did get some V70 reflectors metallised in Eastern Europe and kept almost all of them for my own use. Transport costs were significant.

I recently took a refinished headlight back off my daily driver and the reflector looked as good as it did when I fitted it.

I have been setting aside old headlights and I could do another batch (probably got about another 12). If anyone is interested, please get in touch.

When you get into it you need to check your
glass/lens (chips/cracks/flecks/brand)
adjusting motors
clips
foam strips
brass mounting fittings (can get cross threaded, or twisted out)
mounting bolts (heads and threads can get messed up)
reflector mounting and pivot points (can snap off)
bulb holders (sidelight holder tends to deteriorate with age)
transport/postage costs

HTH
Steve
That's a generous offer, Steve, one in which I would be interested - subject to cost, of course.

I'm not sure about all the checks that you list as I presented my garage with the replacement light unit and asked them to fit it. I don't think that they encountered any problems - certainly nothing was said - and the labour charge was minimal.

But you've got me thinking! Is this perhaps a service that the club could provide for it's members? I don't know if there are formal arrangements in place for this sort of thing, or if they are done on an ad hoc basis; perhaps an officer of the club could comment on possibilities?

It is good that private members such as yourself are willing to help other members in this way, but discounts might be available to organisations such as ours that are unavailable to individuals.

Regards, John.