View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 23:21   #7
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Default RE: My 360 GLT project car

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info - this is proving really helpful! The list of people I owe pints too is growing daily!! Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but are you guys heading for Donnington any time soon? Thats only a few miles from me in term-time (Derby).

About the intercooler - which one are you actually using - the one from the 740? If so, are you using the radiator from this too, or just the stock 360 one?

What RPM limit are you aiming for, and where are you getting your manifold made? (I want the manifold info for a totally different project!!)

I think Kev is using the standard B230ET manifold (which I think fits inside the body ok?), with a custom off-side engine mount, right? Do you know what he did about getting that made? D'ya know where he went to get the downpipe made? Would Kev mind me checking out his car sometime, say around christmas when I'm with my car?

I'd love to see yours too sometime, but I think Kev's is a bit closer to what I'm aiming for, at least at first. Yours is built on a B230ET or FT block though, isnt it? Or is it using a 234 block, and 230 crank/rods/pistons? In other words, I could start with a 230, and convert it to a 234 later if I needed more power, right?

Ok, broken transmission is a good argument....as is £750!!....I'll scrap the LSD idea :)

Thanks again for your help - I totally owe you, Kev, and Dave S a pint or two!

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote