View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2022, 10:55   #8
Pointer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlos View Post
Hi sorry for any ignorance involved here, I've got very little knowledge of Volvo's I'm doing my best to find this stuff out myself but you know how it is... Conflicting info all over the place.

So the car in question is a S60 D4 SE spec, priced at around £9000, 14 plate with a 64,000 miles.

My questions are as follows.

Apparently autotrader states the acceleration as 6.9s 0-60 which is somehow faster than the D5? I'm assuming this is listed wrong. I'm not hugely concerned, my main requirement is that the car is strong enough in power to easily over take on single lane A and B roads. It also states £0 road tax and a claimed MPG (combined) of 74mpg. The 74mpg seems extremely ambitious, but I'm hoping for about 55mpg average on a 33 mile run at 60mph? Is that doable?

My other question is regarding heated windscreen.

The car I am looking at has the winter pack including heated front seats. Does this winter pack include a heated front windscreen and if not, is there an easy way to know if a particular car has one from the button layout in the centre console? This is something I would like to have but it's not crucial.

Lastly, sound etc. Are the base level speakers any good and can I use my phone via bluetooth (perhaps dock it and use android auto on the phone) to play music? Or is there a good aftermarket option to add android auto function to the car?

Any other advice on what to look for? Don't mind spending a few quid once I get it.

Thanks
Hi and welcome, good choice by the way

I have an R-Design S60 D4 on a 14 plate and I love it, plenty of poke for overtaking but noticed it can be a bit dim-witted and slow in normal mode so I usually leave it in sport mode

I average around 50 mpg on a long run but 74mpg isn't achievable unless you walk! and yes if you can see the lines on the windscreen then you have the heated one...

I have my Ipod plugged in to the usb socket and it sounds great, yours should have a hard drive as well to copy cd's to etc.

Enjoy!
Pointer7 is offline   Reply With Quote