View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2022, 20:59   #5
scbamber

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlos View Post
my main requirement is that the car is strong enough in power to easily over take on single lane A and B roads. It also states £0 road tax and a claimed MPG (combined) of 74mpg. The 74mpg seems extremely ambitious, but I'm hoping for about 55mpg average on a 33 mile run at 60mph? Is that doable?
To answer this question: mine is a 2014 D4 which I've had from new, and has been dealer-serviced throughout. You can be almost certain therefore that this one, the red one I saw on Autotrader just now, has been properly looked after and had the EGR preventative pipework and software fixes, the seat belt recall, and the recall to check the manifold. The only trouble was pretty minor... Gear stick vibration in two or three gears and its associated noise after about 2 years...fixed under warranty with a new part that Volvo had redesigned (so it wasn't just me...).

Mine has done 61000. It's overall fuel consumption is 53mpg over that mileage. I never do a trip under 25 miles and very minimal city driving of stopping and starting. I did a 64 mile trip today as usual, mainly on dual carriageway and good single A roads and used cruise control at 65mph most of the way....... 62.7mpg. Very relaxing.

Owners who do very short trips of 3-4 miles to the shops seem to have endless expensive trouble with the EGR...at least they say so on this forum!

The winter pack is indeed great..the heated seats are good for our aging backs, not just in cold weather, and are lovely after 2 minutes. The heated windscreen clears any condensation within 30seconds, and clears frost perfectly in about 2 minutes, so we can then drive off safely. We have air-con running at the owest setting all the time too.

Power for overtaking...... More than plenty except for boy racers.

Summary... I am more than pleased overall. That Autotrader one looks a genuine deal, and frankly a good price for a dealer-serviced car throughout its life

Last edited by scbamber; May 16th, 2022 at 21:02.
scbamber is offline   Reply With Quote