View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2022, 16:27   #3
montecarlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easington View Post
Welcome and answers in order:

The Volvo brochure also quotes a faster time for the D4 vs D5 as the D4 is a lot lighter an engine. Also if it's auto the D4 has an 8 speed vs the D5 having a 6 speed. I'll risk starting an argument here but the D5 5 cylinder engines are deemed to be more reliable but less economical compared to the D4 4 cylinder ones

Yes I believe it does as well as heated front seats and heated washer jets. You can see very thin wavy lines in the glass if it's heated and also if you press the demist button once it should display "electric" in the satnav display. Pressing it a 2nd time also displays "max"

Stock speakers sound good to me. I dropped all my music on a USB stick and leave it in the centre console. I've looked at aftermarket for Android Auto to use Google maps but the solutions I've found looked flaky and expensive

Download the user manual free from the Volvo website

Thanks for the response!

Happy with those answers, will have a read of the manual.

Is the 4 cyl engine 'unreliable' or just not as reliable as the 5 cyl? I'm going to be saving £280 a month on car finance so I have no issues spending the money to ensure the car is well serviced and maintained in that sense.

Is the polestar optimising worth it? How much is that generally?
montecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote