View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 14:12   #26
XC90Dreamer

Just updating my experience here...After the critically low AdBlue message disappered , 'Low AdBlue' message appeared after couple of days. It said roughly I have 1300 miles before the car will fail to start.

Today I went to one of the Shell Service station with AdBlue pump.Confirmed with the person at the till and then filled the car. It was roughly half the price of 10 litre Can they were selling for £15.
Had to half press the nozzle to get continuous flow. The section was marked for HGV but works fine for the car. It did auto-cut when tank was full.

I did spill some on to the body and it was leaving white residue. I did a quick wash and wiped the area clean with tissue.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Dreamer View Post
Thanks for the tip. I decided to go to the shell fuel station and started the car. Checked my car status again and interestingly the AdBlue warning message is gone and it was showing 2.4 gallons available in the tank.
Not sure what happened. Either it was showing incorrect message earlier or incorrect message now.
I am planning to wait couple more days before refiling Adblue if required.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Dreamer For This Useful Post: