Thread: General: - £4k 1999 t5
View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 20:48   #37
andrewc1267
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR View Post
Certainly (to XC90 Mk1)

I chatted with the OP yesterday and gave him a frank appraisal of the car I sold.
Hopefully he will buy it and it will receive the same level of excellent care its been accustomed to and it will continue to look and drive beautifully for many years yet...
The alternative for our cars is that they're picked up cheap by some fool who will abuse, neglect and ultimately scrap it...is that really what we want ?
Mine by the way was a genuine reason to sell. An XC70 came up with great spec at a great price...a Christmas bargain ! Unable to keep two big Volvo's and planning to tour Europe with dog/family/bikes etc when this farce is over, I had a difficult decision to make.
The current owner was very keen but as I understand it, has a very good reason to sell. The chap I bought it from owned it for 8 years, spent a very well considered small fortune and is a member here. Only selling to buy a much newer Volvo, he was visibly upset when selling.
It is an excellent car that I would buy back in a heartbeat if circumstances allow. I've requested first refusal in the future if James ultimately buys it...
All of the naysayers here have clearly not had the benefit of the knowledge of this cars extensive maintenance record, so I can appreciate where some of you are coming from.
However, whether some of you like it or not, the value of these cars is gaining traction.

Those with scabby, unloved examples will always wish to pull anyone down knowing theirs have one foot in the grave but, the considerate diligent owner will reap the rewards when time to sell. You know who you are.
Bitterness though is a very destructive emotion.
Lets all try to be a little more supportive and encouraging.

And I didn't buy it for £500 !

I did spend £1500 in the first few weeks of ownership though.
Totally agree as in my previous post I think that these cars should be going up in value they are becoming rare for decent ones and they do cost a small fortune to maintain and are not the most economical car you will ever own when I look back at some of the cars I have owned in the past if I still had a couple of them they would pay my mortgage of hopefully as the unloved ones get scrapped the good ones will continue to go up in value
andrewc1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewc1267 For This Useful Post: