View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 19:15   #10
capt jack
VOC Member

Bought my V70 D5 auto, 2012 model, last year with 120,000 miles up. Since then I've added almost 25,000 miles, and bought four new tyres, fitted new discs and pads front and back, and needed to have one of the rear callipers replaced.

The rear discs are actually a bigger headache than the front because of the electronic parking brake. When the rear calliper seized the parking brake motor casing cracked too - probably because the motor was trying to move an immovable piston.

Ds and Ps came in at £600 in all, all Pagid and fitted by a local garage, the rear calliper was sorted by the AA for £300 - on the driveway on a Saturday morning!

Just prior to my ownership the car had a new cam belt, a full service, the windscreen sealed (properly, by a auto glazing company).

Rather than worry too much about what are essentially service items it'd make sense to focus on things that could be much more expensive and problematic. I'm thinking things electronic - things like the infotainment system, the various driver aids (BLIS, traction control, ABS), the aircon, the locking system, the interior trim and fittings etc.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote