View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 21:27   #1
tullis

Default Fuel pipe from tank to pump - metal or flexible?

Hello,

I'm working on my 1968 P1800S coupé and I don't like the look of the fuel pipe running from the tank to the pump. It looks like someone has just replaced what was originally there with a bit of something they had handy.

It's a flexible, clear, reinforced pipe, which isn't properly clipped to the chassis. All in all, I wouldn't trust it beyond the end of my drive.

I see from Brookhouse that they sell metal fuel pipe that was used from 1964 to 1969 (link)

I've just bought a Pierburg fuel pump to replace my AC model that was too badly worn, but I'm wondering of someone could please share some best practices for how I should renew this fuel line, between the tank and the pump.

Would it be better to fit the metal pipe, or would people use a flexible hose these days? If you would use a solid pipe like this, where and how it terminate to a flexible hose, because I'm assuming that it wouldn't be solid all the way to the pump.

I'm not necessarily looking for 100% original spec, but the safest option.
If you have any photos of tidy and well-engineered fuel lines which might help me to do it right, that would be great.

Many thanks,
Ben
tullis is offline   Reply With Quote